Friday, 8 June 2012

A work in progress

I had to wait all day for the sun to come out as it was just too dull to take any pictures of my work.

Continuing with the Craft Pimp monthly challenge of Peacocks I had another idea for a bead using murrini.

This was my first effort. The bottom murrini was more what I was looking for.

This is the back of the bead and my second attempt. Unfortunately I didn't have enough murrini to complete the job. So I had a go at making my own.

For the murrini I used Effetre Light Tourquoise 232/ Effetre Pea Green 212/ CIM Dirty Martini/ Effetre Pale apple Green 072 and then Reichenbach Deep Black. The back of the bead had tourquoise and cobalt blue dots added to it.

I don't think it turned out too bad for my first attempt. To be honest I don't think I will be taking this any further this time, I don't have the enthusiam for it.

As you can see I am still into making spacers. I want to fill up a compartmentalised box so that I have a selection to choose from when I make jewellery. These are as follows.

CIM Ghee, Effetre Light Sky Blue 224.
Effetre Dark Green Grass 024
Effetre Amethys 040
Effetre Light Tourqouise 034 and
CIM Sangre, this is a striking colour which is why it's come out in all differrent shades of red.

Left to right
CIM Peace/Effetre Pale Emerald 031
This bead was made using the leftover murrini that I made.
CIM Peace/Clockwork. This one stayed yellow, it should be orange!
Pineapple Sparkle and yes it does sparkle, in the sunshine!
Carrot Sparkle
Effetre Lt Periwinkle/Rubino
Effetre Dk Periwinkle/Rubino

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...