Saturday 28 July 2012

Frit Happens Monthly Challenges

As you can see the sun is shining again today but yesterday it was a little bit cooler and I was able to do some torching.

I finally got round to finishing my beads for the Frit Happens Monthly Theme Challenges.

The colour challenge was Effetre transparent Light violet. I made a large round hollow bead and 2 smaller oval beads and decorated them with Double Helix Triton stringer which when reduced has a lovely metallic shimmer to it in shades of silvery blue.

The monthly theme challenge was Sugar and Spice. I really struggled with this one and not may other people have posted yet I'm guessing others had the same problem.

I came up with these discs in shades of amber and coated them with clear and iris oramge frit to resemble sugar.

Both of these bead sets have been added for sale in my Etsy store.

I also had a play with one of my big hole mandrels and created this disc.


and an organic bead to match

Thanks for looking

Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...