Believe it or not I am still trying to make enough hollows with the 3mm holes for my sister. I think I am finally there. I am still having some failures, so rather than waste them, I have been using them to practice my stringer control. I quite like them and will make some more.
The tutorial is this one 75 Lampwork bead recipes by Gems in Bloom I won't tell you the recipes used in these beads, you'll have to buy the tutorial and find out for yourself!
The spacer beads in this one are Effetre Red Roof Tile and the round ribbed spacer is CIM Adobe encased with Effetre Pink
I decided to break up this set to make some jewellery.
I decided to do an experiment. I am rapidly running out of room in my SC2 kiln. The bead door is the most stupid thing ever designed and waste's so much space, so I decided to see if I could make spacer beads and batch anneal them later. I figured that as the beads are made by making the first bead and then not going back to it, by the time I have got to the end of the mandrel the first bead would be cold anyway.
I made one set and put them in the slow cooker with the cooling bubbles and the second set I just left to cool. No cracks! I even cleaned them without breaking. So, I think this what I will be doing from now on. Batch annealing all my spacers.
Here is the update photo of the beads etched.
A while back I bought some components from Kristi Bowman. She makes some lovely copper components and writes a great blog.
I've had in my head for a while that I needed to make some small lentils to go with them so when I made the fritty beads I thought the colours would go lovely with the copper.
That's all for now.