Thursday 26 July 2012

Too hot to torch!

Whilst it's lovely to have this heat wave, I wasn't able to get to the torch yesterday so have been making jewellery instead.

I made these little flowers using some gorgeous silver glass I hadn't tried before. It's Double Helix Aion 2, not dissimilar to DH Helios. It has a lovely sheen to it.

I had in my mind to make a pair of earrings that I had seen on Etsy (sorry can't find them now). They didn't work exactly as I had hoped but I still like them, and unusual for me the findings are gold instead of silver.

These are another pair of my Persian Delights earrings, this time in green and made with sterling silver earwires and headpins from Faith at Abyjem. She makes some stunning jewellery.


 I liked the organic bead I made a while ago so much I decided to make some more.



That purple one is gorgeous and I've made them into some necklaces.

A bit of fun.

I had in mind a stacked bracelet using some orphan beads and this lovely yarn made from recycled sari silk from Carolyn Saxby Textiles


Unfortunatley I cut the memory wire a bit too short and the yarn keeps shredding all over the place, so not a big success. Back to the drawing board.

 Thanks for looking

Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...