Tuesday 21 August 2012

Silversmithing Course at The Quays Arts Centre.

You may have noticed I have not been very active on my blog lately. That is because I have been attending a couple of Silversmith Courses at The Quay Arts Centre in Newport on the Isle of Wight.

It is such a lovely studio set just by the river medina, I would be quite happy working their on a daily basis!

The first weekend was making charms with Vickie Harris. We made a bangle and then some charms to go on it and on a chain to make a pendant.

This is what I made and I was quite chuffed I can tell you.


There are another 2 charms the same as the two on the bangle that I later added to a different bangle I made on the next course.

So, the next course was 4 days with Nina Bulley. This time we made a ring, a bangle and then we could make whatever we liked.


As you can see I made a ring, bangle and a pair of earrings and then went on to make this ring.

It is an interchangeable ring so the orange bead can be screwed on and changed to a different one.


I am really pleased with this as it involved some investigating into soldering stainless steel onto sterling silver. I will need to wear the ring a bit to make sure the joint holds.

I learnt a tremendous ammount and came away with far more jewellery than I expected. Will definately be back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...