Saturday 31 October 2015

Art Jewellery Elements October Monthly Challenge Reveal


I must confess that when I saw that the Art Jewellery Elements Blog theme for the month was Ravens I couldn't believe how nicely it followed on from the Art Bead Scene theme I blogged about here: http://earth-shinedesigns.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2015-10-27T12:07:00Z&max-results=1&start=2&by-date=false. Having just made some 'wing beads' for that challenge it seems a easy progression to make some Raven Wing headpins, so that's what I did and here they are:


I made them using Metallic Black glass, this is a challenging glass to use and can produce a fantastic metallic iridescent sheen to it but very hard to control so each headpin has a slightly different finish to it.

I then went on to make this necklace.



I used 2 of the Raven Wing headpins I made and wire wrapped them to this metallic black ring that I had made some time ago. I also made a Raven's tail and added this to the bottom of the ring. I thread black ribbon through some chain because it reminded me of the silky coat of the birds.

I have to admit I don't like the necklace very much, maybe because it is definitely something I wouldn't wear. I would have like to have re-made it but unfortunately I ran out of time to have another go. What do you think, do you like it?

I've put some of the Raven Wing headpins for sale in my Etsy store. Raven Wing Headpin


I also have some other metallic black headpins for sale in the form of leaves. Metallic Black Leaf headpins

and this is the first of a earring inspiration pack I have put together to sell. Metallic black inspiration pack


Don't forget to have a look around the other blog reveals to see what everyone else has made.

Art Jewelry Elements Team:
Lesley Watt
Linda Landig
Jenny Davies-Reazor
Phantasm Creations
Caroline Dewison
Niky Sayers


Guest Bloggers:
An Ordinary Miracle Day
Michelle McEnroe
Sarajo Wentling
The Copper Cat
The Paisley Lizard
The Heidi Challenge
Heidi Kingman

Thanks for looking.

Linda x

23 comments:

  1. I love your headpins Linda and the necklace is very striking - I really like the abstract interpretation of a raven in flight. Thank you for taking part in out challenge too. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lesley, it sounds good when you put it like that!

      Linda x

      Delete
  2. I think it's a stunning design. I like the abstract feel to it too and I love the inspiration pack you've put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Caroline, I'm glad you like my necklace. It looks like I might have to put some more inspiration packs together as this one has sold already.

      Linda x

      Delete
  3. Your metallic beads are gorgeous. The way you used them to create the idea of a raven in the pendant is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful - I love the headpins and your inventive use of them in the pendant - what a wonderful and original design.

    I think more inspiration packs would be a great idea btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jess, I'm glad you like it and thankyou for the suggestion about doing some more inspiration packs x

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your raven head pins Linda such a lovely design and your necklace is really cool, I would never have thought to use head pins in such a way really original and you defiantly need to make more earring inspiration packs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niky, I'm so happy that you love my headpins and the necklace. Thankyou for taking the time to comment. I will certainly try and make some more earring inspiration packs.
      Linda x

      Delete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous wings and the design is stunning. It looks like a raven in flight. I would wear this piece all the time. Thank you for reading aje and for participating in our design challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it Jennifer, thankyou for opening it up for others to enter. I'm glad you like my pieces.
      Linda x

      Delete
  7. I love the wing and leaf headpins. Perfect for this challenge. The necklace is lovely in its simplicity because then the glass is the star.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those raven headpins. Really striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I really enjoyed making them although as hard as I tried I couldn't make a matching pair. Unfortunately no one seems to be buying them :-(

      Delete
  9. Your headpins are really cool! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many online jewellery stores offer three dimensional pictures of their work so that you can get best possible view. You have the option here to visit world's best jewellery designers and order their work. You can also view the designs which are prevalent in other parts of the world. Scottsdale diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jewellery - the American (Jewelry) and British English (Jewellery) spelling are different - is an item of personal adornment, such as a necklace, ring, brooch or bracelet, that is worn by an individual. watches

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't reserve something as lovely as diamonds only for the occasion of your engagement. This special and sparkling stone can make all of your outfits look just a little bit better. Spruce up your wardrobe with a glorious diamond ring. Scottsdale diamonds

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...