Monday 2 November 2015

Playing with my camera - depth of field

I have a Canon D500 camera. Although I already had a good camera, I wanted to be able to shoot my photos in RAW. Without getting too complicated, RAW photographs can be adjusted without losing any of the quality, which is a big bonus when taking imaged of my work.

One of the types of images I like best is depth of field. This is when the foreground is in focus but the background is out of focus which can be very handy. My Canon has a handy setting for this so I don't have to worry about changing the aperture settings and forgetting what they were before!

I was looking for a way to take some photos of the recent Raven Wing Headpins that I made and had the idea of them coming out of the edge of a book - so I did and here it is, a bit of photographic art for you.


I love the way the metallic sheen shows through the blurred wings in the background.

I hope you like it.

Thanks for looking.

Linda x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...