2016 Bead&Button Show - ISGB Scholarship Award Recipient
We are pleased to announce the recipient of the 2016 Bead&Button Show - ISGB Scholarship, Linda Newnham.
Linda is a glass beadmaker and jewelry designer living and working independently on the Isle of Wight in the United Kingdom. She designs and creates not just beads, but a variety of jewelry components in the form of headpins, glass rings and toggle clasps. Linda's inspiration comes from many directions which she says leads her on an unexpected journey that continues to motivate her every day.
This generous scholarship is given by the Show and ISGB in support of members who seek artistic excellence and the education needed to further explore their passion for glass, beadmaking, metal work, jewelry making, and more.
The scholarship includes:
* Bead&Button Show Registration Fee
* 2016 Bead&Button Show Commemorative Bead, designed by Robyn Cornelius
* Master Class and the Master Class Dinner Event
* Six (6) Hour Workshop and Three (3) Hour Workshop
* Tickets to Meet the Teachers, Lampworking Madness, Bead Social & Auction Night
* Hotel Accommodations for the Event
* $300 Stipend to Assist with Airfare or Driving Expenses
This year, we received a record number of scholarship applications and the decision was a difficult one for the jury. Submissions were excellent and we are proud of each of our ISGB members who participated.
I can still hardly believe it! So excited and honored to have been accepted for this amazing scholarship provided by the ISGB. Such a fantastic opportunity and an amazing selection of classes to choose from.
It's the first time I have applied for anything like this. This is what I had to do for the application:
To Apply for the Bead&Button Show - ISGB Scholarship
• Applicants must be a new, first time attendee to any portion of the Bead&Button Show
• Applicants are required to submit an Artist Statement, which should also include the vision and inspiration in your work
• Applicants are required to submit a one-page essay explaining how you expect to benefit from attending the Bead&Button Show and what you hope to return to the glass, beadmaking, and/or jewelry community from your experience in workshops and at the Show
• Three (3) images representing the scope of your work must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please label each image in numerical order with your name. For example, “01_Smith.jpg,” etc. Images must be in JPG format, and should be a maximum size of 1MB
• Three (3) letters of recommendation must accompany the application
I'll let you know how I got on here in my little blog but not until June 2016.
Thanks for looking.